- Committees, Boards & Commissions
- Senior Citizen Advisory Board
Senior Citizen Advisory Board
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
What are the current topics for this week's meeting? What agendas or minutes are available for the upcoming meeting? Get the latest information here.
Note: Minutes are available following approval.
The committee consists of 8 members, including 7 regular and 1 alternate appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the City Council. Members serve without compensation.
When does Senior Citizen Advisory Board Meet?
Regular Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of the month, as needed
Unless otherwise noted on the agenda, all meetings are held at Activity Building at 9:00 a.m.
Conference Room D
Friendswood, TX 77546
To enhance and enrich the quality of life for senior citizens who live in Friendswood. The Committee promotes health, well being, and independence through recreation, creative activity, support services and information.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Citizen Advisory Committee acts only in an advisory capacity to the City Council in all matters pertaining to Friendswood’s Senior Citizen Program:
- Acquaints itself with and makes continuous study and review of the program; recommends the adoption of policies for the program
- Recommends to the City Council rules and regulations governing the program
- Makes recommendations to the City Council and City Manager and reasons therefore
- Performs other duties as the City Council may reasonably request
The Committee shall advise the City Council on and assist staff with the following functions:
- Develop and implement an overall public awareness and information strategy regarding the senior citizen community and senior citizen services
- Develop information systems on resources which are now available to senior citizens and develop resources that could be available in the future
- Develop and implement programs and special events on an annual basis
- In cooperation with staff, develop annual goals and objectives for the Senior Citizen Advisory Board to be submitted to City Council
- 3 years
- Director of Parks and Recreation
- Recreation Superintendent
Committee Member Qualifications
Each member shall be an active, weekly participant in the senior program. All persons interested in serving on the Senior Citizen Advisory Board shall submit a completed Volunteer Form (DOCX) to the City Secretary.
Forms can also be located at the City Secretary office.