- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
City services available online:
The City of Friendswood’s number one priority is the health and safety of our residents. The City continues to work with public health and emergency management officials throughout the region to ensure our communities remain prepared. We encourage community members to remain calm and prepared, and ask that you continue to follow public health guidance for COVID-19.
The City of Friendswood encourages businesses and the public to follow the advice of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Galveston County Health District. It will take all of us, as a community, to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who are older or may have a chronic medical condition. Let’s do our part.
Do Your Part to Slow the Spread of the Coronavirus
From the CDC and the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America. For more information, please visit the Coronavirus website.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts. Use drive-thru, pick-up, or delivery options.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Do not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- If you work in a critical infrastructure, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as healthcare services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule. You and your employers should follow CDC guidance to protect your health at work.
- Work or engage in schooling from home whenever possible.
Practice Good Hygiene
- Avoid touching your face.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Wash your hands, especially ofter touching any frequently used item or surface.