Closures & Postponements
The City of Friendswood is taking proactive measures to stop the spread of COVID-19. We ask residents and guests of the city to limit in-person interactions and to practice social distancing. While most City services remain the same, there have been a few closures, cancellations, and postponements. We will continue to keep you updated of any changes.
Contractors and Owners can apply for the following types of residential permits online:
- Electrical Alterations/Reconnect
- Foundation Repair
- Inspections can also be viewed and requested online
- Mechanical Alterations/HVAC changeout
- Siding Repair/Replacement
- Tenant Occupancy
Fire Stations - Fire Stations Closed to Public. If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately. Only Friendswood Fire Department (FVFD) personnel and City personnel are permitted inside the stations and bays. This is in accordance with the closer of City of Friendswood Buildings. FVFD will continue providing Emergency Services. The restricted access is to protect the health and readiness of our responders and to reduce risk to the public. All inquiries shall be made by calling 281-996-3360.
Senior Citizen Program - Closed until further notice.
Stevenson Park - Stevenson Park remains open. However, the volleyball and basketball courts are closed. If you plan to visit Stevenson Park during this time, please adhere to the 6 feet social distance guidelines.
Centennial Park - Centennial Park remains open. However, the basketball courts are closed. If you plan to visit Stevenson Park during this time, please adhere to the 6 feet social distance guidelines.
- Stevenson Park - Playground, splash pad, tennis courts, and all park bathrooms are open. If you plan to visit Stevenson Park during this time, please adhere to the 6 feet social distance guidelines.
- Friendswood PetSafe Dog Park - Open
- City Park Bathrooms - Open.
- Adult Sports - Games start again on June 8th
- Simple Recycling - Your Simple Recycling pick-up is the same day as your regular recycling pick-up. If you need more orange bags go to the Simple Recycling website. However, the last day of pick will be August 31st because the program is being discontinued.
- Waste Connections Garbage - Due to the growing concern surrounding COVID-19 and our employee’s health and safety, we ask that waste be secured in plastic garbage bags and placed in your cart, can, and or at curb as normal per the current guidelines specific to your area. This is to minimize our employees having direct contact with garbage during this time.
Note: Recycling has been suspended until August 31. Please see "cancelled" tab for more information.