Finance is responsible for several areas.
• Accounting function of the department is responsible for the City’s day to day operations of all financial activities including accounts payable, payroll, revenue collection, debt management, financial reporting and grant reporting. The division ensures adherence to accounting standards, Charter requirements and State law. Accounting staff, working with external auditors, performs the annual audit and prepares the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
• Fiscal Operations function of the department is responsible for developing and managing the City’s adopted budget, coordinating utility billing, collection and customer information functions, and processing payments for the alarm permit/fines program. With oversight from the City’s Investment Committee and in accordance with the City’s Investment Policy, staff assists the Director of Administrative Services with reporting the investment of the City’s financial resources.
• Purchasing function of the department is responsible for generating purchase orders daily and ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations in the City’s procurement of goods and services. Working in conjunction with City departments, the Purchasing Coordinator, develops bid/proposal specifications, maintains service contracts/agreements, oversees the P-card program and properly disposes of assets which have surpassed useful life cycles.
- 2014 Standard and Poor's Bond Rating (PDF)
- 2015 Standard and Poor's Bond Rating (PDF)
- 2020 Standard and Poor's Bond Rating (PDF)
- Annual Report of Certain Financial and Local Debt Information
- Bond Election Pledge (PDF)
- Financial Management Policy (PDF)
- Graphic Representation of Energy Cost Data (PDF)
- IRMA Letter (PDF)