Garbage & Recycling
The City of Friendswood contracts with Waste Connections to collect household garbage, recycling and green waste.
Waste Connections is located at 827 W Highway 6 in Alvin (77511). Hours of operation at the facility are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. They are closed on Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
$16.24 monthly plus 8.25% sales tax.
Residents receive curbside garbage pickup two days each week, recycling pickup and green waste pickup one day each week.
- Collection hours are between 7 am and 6 pm
- To ensure your garbage, recyclables and/or green waste are picked up it must be curbside by 7 am
- Containers can be placed at the curb after 6 pm on the day before collection.
- Containers should be removed from the curb no later than 9 pm on the evening of collection.
Waste Connections observes:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
If your collection day lands on one of these days, then garbage pick up will resume on your next regularly scheduled garbage day. Please check City of Friendswood Facebook for trash and recycling schedule during these holidays.
On Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, garbage collection resumes as normal with a possibility of early dismissal after all routes are completed.
A recycling bin should be at your residence. If you do not have a bin, contact the City of Friendswood at 281-996-3232. A Waste Connections recycling truck will collect in your neighborhood once each week.
To recycle, simply place the container at the curbside on the morning of your collection by 7 am.
For more information on recycling, call Waste Connections at 281-331-0810
- All paper:
- Other paper items such as mail, paper bags or other paper
- Flattened Cardboard (remove tape from cardboard boxes)
- All glass: (excluding mirrors, windows, ceramics and other glass products)
- Glass bottles
- Plastic containers including all varieties of the types designated as:
- Number 1
- Number 2
- Number 3
- Number 4
- Number 5
- Number 7
- Metal cans composed of tin, steel or aluminum (excluding scrap metal)
If you use cans to store your bags of garbage, and to prevent damage done to the cans, remove bags from cans on trash day and set bags out curbside for pick up.
Weather can also play a role on garbage day. If it is very windy out, recycle bins, trash cans and trash can lids can blow around.
There are multiple trucks that collect different items. One truck for household garbage, one truck for recycling and another truck for green waste collection. Waste Connections makes every effort possible to make each truck identifiable by either placing a recycle symbol on a truck for recycle pick up or having the driver and helpers wear bright green shirts for the green waste pick up.