Complaints / Compliments Toward Police

Criminal Proceedings

On receipt of a report regarding a criminal offense the investigator will:

  • Initiate a criminal offense report
  • Collect evidence, if it is available

This information is necessary for the investigator to assess the validity of the evidence against the officer(s) concerned. You may be asked to go to the District Attorney’s office and speak with an investigator. After looking into the case, the District Attorney will decide whether or not to refer the case to the Grand Jury.

Police Misconduct Proceedings

The employee you have named in your complaint may not have committed a criminal offense but he or she may have behaved in a manner considered inappropriate for an employee. In these circumstances the Chief of Police, in conjunction with the officer’s immediate supervisors may order:

  • Verbal counseling and/or;
  • Training and/or;
  • Written performance advisory or;
  • Written reprimand
  • Demotion or suspension without pay or
  • Dismissal from the Department

False or Malicious Complaints 

Anyone who knowingly makes a false statement to a police officer(s) may be subject to criminal charges.

Compliments for Police Department Employees

To make a compliment, you may contact the Friendswood Police Department at 281-996-3300; by email; or in person or in writing at:

1600 Whitaker
Friendswood, TX 77546