Tenant Occupancy

Any time a new tenant moves into a commercial lease space, a new tenant takes over a commercial building, ownership changes, or the existing tenant changes use, a Certificate of Occupancy shall be required.

The purpose is to ensure that the proposed business is allowed in the zoning category in which it operates and that the building or lease space meets the minimum requirements of the current zoning ordinance and building codes, as well as fire and life safety codes. Once the required inspections are approved, the City of Friendswood will issue a Certificate of Occupancy to the tenant.

The business shall not operate without a Certificate of Occupancy.


  • Tenant Occupancy: $75