In general, open burning is prohibited within the City limits. This includes the burning of trash, debris, and/or yard waste.
Fire pits, chimineas, and outdoor fireplaces are allowed at one- or two-family dwellings:
- Use outdoors only and at least 15 feet away from your home or anything that can burn.
- Use only those constructed of steel, concrete, clay, or other noncombustible material.
- Use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use a metal screen over wood-burning fires to keep sparks from floating out.
- Closely supervise all outdoor fires. Make sure the fire is out before leaving.
- Supervise children around any fire outdoors.
- Never use gasoline or other flammable or combustible liquids.
- When burning, have a fire extinguisher, hose, bucket of water, or shovel and dirt or sand nearby to extinguish the fire.
Fire pits, chimineas, and outdoor fireplaces are prohibited on balconies and porches of apartment buildings:
- Do not store or use a grill, fire pit, chiminea, or portable outdoor fireplace on a porch or balcony, including any porch or balcony on an upper level of the building.