Late Payment Penalty
Accounts will be billed with payment due within 20 days from the billing date. A 10% administrative fee will be added to the account balance if payment is not received by the due date.
Termination notices will be generated and mailed the day the administrative fee is applied to the account. The notice will alert the customer that the account is subject to disconnection if payment, including the administrative fee, is not received within 10 days of the late penalty date.
Security Deposits for Water, Sewer & Garbage Collection Services
- Structures with 1 to 5 units, per unit (residential location owner initiated): $100
- Structures with 6 or more units, 1st 5 units: $400
- For each unit in excess of 5 (residential location owner initiated): $50 per unit
- Structures with 1 to 5 units, per unit (residential location tenant initiated): $200
- Structures with 1 to 5 units, per unit (commercial customer location): $250
- Structures with 1 to 5 units, per unit (residential location management company/leasing agent): $250
Disconnection & Reconnection of Service
A fee of $50 will be charged when service disconnection is required to collect payment for services previously rendered. The fee will be assessed at the time disconnection list is generated. If payment is made after the meter technicians have begun the disconnection process, the water may or may not be disconnected, but the fee will be charged.
Connections that are not authorized or performed by city personnel will result in a $100 tampering fee plus the additional costs for consumption and damages resulting from the tampering.
A fee of $35 will be charged for all returned checks.