Establish Service

The City of Friendswood requires an Application for Utility Service and a deposit. New customers applying for service must provide a rental agreement or home purchase closing paperwork when applying for service. Established customers with rent homes can show tax records for rental property. 

Both the application and deposit must be in our office at least one business day before services are initiated or transferred.

Submit In Person

Applications are also available in our office located at:
910 S Friendswood Drive
Friendswood, TX 77546

Submit by Mail

You may mail us your application and deposit to:
P.O. Box 1286
Friendswood, TX 77549

Electronic Submission & Payment

To pay over the phone for your deposit, you can fax us your application along with a copy of your Driver’s License to 281-482-6491 or scan and email the completed application and copy of your drivers license. To expedite the process, you may call us at 281-996-3232 to confirm receipt of your application and documents and pay deposit.


Please be sure to include a copy of your Driver’s License with any application for service; a copy of your Driver’s License is required to prevent any delays in service.


  • Deposits are $100 for homeowner
  • $200 for tenant on residential accounts
  • $250 for management companies/leasing agents on residential accounts

Deposit Waivers

To have your deposit waived or refunded, we require a two year "payment history" or "Letter of Credit" from your current water utility provider within last 90 days, which shows no more than one late payment.

  • Apartment complex water payments do not apply.
  • Letter of credit must be submitted within 5 days of service initiation to have the deposit refunded to account.

Deposit Payment

As payment for your deposit, we accept:

  • Cash
  • Check
  • Money order or cashier’s check
  • Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover)

Checks are made payable to City of Friendswood.

Heritage Park

Please note that if you are moving into Heritage Park, the City of Friendswood does not provide utility service for your area. You may call Si Environmental for water service at 832-490-1600 and contact your homeowners association regarding garbage service.

Application Forms